Here is a glimpse
into Berkshires of Massachusetts Tourist Guide, of all that is in
store for you:
- Adventure sports like cross-country skiing, hiking, biking,
white-water rafting, canoeing.
- Leisurely sports like fishing and golf or even lazy leisurely
- Summer camping, living off a tent in the woods, especially organised
for children groups and families.
- Relishing delicacies at multi-cuisine award winning restaurants.
- Learning the nuances of nature at Herbert’s Arboretum,
Berkshire Botanical Garden, Kent falls and nature trails.
- Staying in resorts which used to be mansions in early industrial
era, like Blantyre, Canyon Ranch, and Mepal Manor or bed and breakfast
at old colonial houses, or luxury motels and hotels.
- Going on long drives racing the winds, along given scenic driving
- Unwinding at the spas and therapeutic healing centers here–
known as the spa capital of Northeast.
- Treating your senses to soulful music, theatre, art and literature
genius at the Norman Rockwell Museum, the Clark Art Institute,
the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art and the Williams
College Museum of Art.
- Shopping for souvenirs and regular stuff off the shelve at best
- Delving into history at archaic antique rich homes such as Naumkeag,
the Mission House, the Bidwell House Museum and the unique living
museum of Hancock Shaker Village.
Berkshire has been a sought out holiday locale
ever since it was discovered over the turn of the century by industrialists
and philanthropists who came to the city after the first rail road
was laid near river Houston. This region is now marked as Upper
Housatonic Valley National Heritage Area by the federal government
for preservation. Its historical significance also is that the abolitionist
movement that was spearheaded here at The Ashley House, starting
point of An African American heritage trail. Also, the suffragette
movement’s leader, Susan B Anthony stayed here too. One does
realise then that this is the land of liberalists where human intellect
and talent flourishes. Berkshires of Massachusetts tourist guide
has something of interest to for every kind of individual. No matter
if you are a music-lover, art-lover, a humanity-lover or a nature-lover;
you will definitely come to love your experience at this place.
Berkshire is blessed with beautiful surroundings.
One finds so many waterfalls here; the robust Bish Bash waterfalls,
the accessible Race Brook waterfalls, wide Umpachene Falls, Windsor
Jambs, Tannery, Campbell, or March Cataract falls and many more.
If you choose to come here in winters, the landscape is as beautiful
and you can ski to your heart’s content as the mountains are
snow wrapped in neat white.
People often wonder whether it is the mountains,
the air or the trees, which also makes the human spirit feel so
free at Berkshire. Whatever it might be, the next time you make
travel plans, make sure Berkshire lies high on your list. And make
sure you carry your copy of Berkshires travel guide.